Alex Bowness, the owner of Bowness Custom Homes, has been immersed in the custom homes building business his entire life. Alex is the son of a master craftsman and custom homebuilder in Linville, NC. He worked for his Dad through high school and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance from Southern Methodist University. After a year in graduate business school at UNC Chapel Hill, Alex worked for his father’s firm for 7 years.
In 1978, Alex founded his own firm, Bowness Custom Homes, in Pinehurst, NC. For over thirty years Bowness Custom Homes has concentrated on building custom homes and remodeling in the Sandhills Area of North Carolina.
Through the years, Alex has built over 40 homes in the Country Club of North Carolina and 100’s of other homes in locations like Fairwoods on #7, Forest Creek Golf Club, Pinewild Country Club, Village of Pinehurst, Southern Pines, National, Mid South Club, and in Hunt County. Bowness has also been sought out to build banks, medical and legal offices, Country Club clubhouses, and horse barns, and has done numerous remodeling projects.
Alex is a hands-on builder who is involved in every aspect of the building and remodeling process. Alex meets with every owner once a week on the job site to review the construction progress and resolve any issues.
Bowness Custom Homes is at the forefront of Green building and energy saving building techniques in the Sandhills. Bowness was the first certified North Carolina Healthy Built Home Builder in Moore County. The NC Healthy Built Home program provides certification for homes built meeting “Green Home Guidelines”, built by residential builders who practice sustainable, high performance building strategies making the home a comfortable, healthy and affordable place that reduces energy and water usage, promotes renewable energy use and helps protect the land where the home is built.
Bowness is well known for being responsive to customers, both during the construction process and throughout the life of the home. We concentrate on delivering value to our customers. The value we deliver includes the following elements:
- Knowledge. Bowness Custom Homes has been building the finest residences in the Sandhills for over 30 years.
- Quality. Complete satisfaction is guaranteed. The company’s credo is to build it right the first time, but if something is not right – fix it promptly, and with a minimum of inconvenience to the customer. Bowness invites prospective customers to thoroughly inspect homes we have completed and talk to our many satisfied customers.
- Support. Bowness Custom Homes provides assistance in locating building sites, designing the customer’s home, siting the home on the lot, and helping the customer to understand the many elements needed in making decisions as to specifications.
- Supervision. Bowness Custom Homes supervises each job with an assigned Construction Superintendent. In addition, a Customer Coordinator is always available in the office to answer your questions.
- Communication. The Bowness staff is available before, during, and after the construction process to answer questions and provide assistance to the company’s customers.
- Price. The company prices its services in a competitive manner, whether the contract is fixed price or cost-plus. The company will thoroughly discuss the components of its pricing structure.
- Subcontractors. Bowness Custom Homes has access to and uses only the best suppliers and contractors.
- Service. The company stands behind the product it delivers.